90l/24 ish gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steveo 2006

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I'm just cycling my tank now (2nd week fishless) and am trying to get an idea of what fish to go for once that's done.

Here's a link to the size etc Australia's Favourite Online Pet Store for Pet Supplies | VetShopAustralia

It's a gravel floor, couple of little pumps running airstones and a few places to hide in.

Fish wise I was thinking along the lines of
Zebra Danios
Bristle nose Pleco
Guppies
Kissing gouramis
Coolie loach
Maybe some Guppies

Any suggetions on numbers, compatibilty, other fish would be helpful. I'd plan starting with a cpuple at fisr and gradually building up, what order would you add them in?

Thanks

Cycling may take longer than 2 weeks. Only test results can define when.

Zebra Danios- Good. You can probably do 8-10.
Bristle nose Pleco- Good, go with 1 max. Be prepared to supplement it's diet with wafers, veggies, etc.
Guppies- Good- Go with all males (3ish) to avoid population issues.
Kissing gouramis- Don't get them. They get too large and agressive for that sized tank IMO.
Coolie loach- 3-4 would work, but they would do better with sand vs gravel.

Thanks for the info, in terms of adding what fish first what would people rec? Any Gouramis people would suggest or are they a total write off in this size?

there are several dwarf gouramis.

Trichopsis pumilus
Colisa lalia
Colisa chuna
Parosphromenus deissneri

Cheers MG really like the middle two, great colours which is important, especially in a small tank. Have to say this site has been great for advice and for my post, very friendly, thanks.

Steveo- Be careful with Colisa lalia. The stocks have been very weak and disease susceptible.

Cheers NH, I prefer the Chuna, but that's way down the line yet anyway. I'd like to stock pretty slowly anyway and rather get that Pleco settled for a while (with Dan's etc) first

Back
Top Bottom