911 so sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roxygirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started a freashwater aquarium in hopes in would be a relaxing hobbie for me... I have been sooo stressed since I started! I have lost 2 fish so far and one is now dying. The tank is next to my bed so I can see them,but now have the light off so I can't see the dying fish. I have tried to find a humane way to put the little guppie to sleep fast ,but can't find any info that makes sense to me . Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. The tank is 10 gallons and I started the tank 5 days ago. I know it has to cycle , but I just can't take any fish dying. I put 4 guppies in to start. thanks roxygirl

I just started a freashwater aquarium in hopes in would be a relaxing hobbie for me... I have been sooo stressed since I started! I have lost 2 fish so far and one is now dying. The tank is next to my bed so I can see them,but now have the light off so I can't see the dying fish. I have tried to find a humane way to put the little guppie to sleep fast ,but can't find any info that makes sense to me . Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. The tank is 10 gallons and I started the tank 5 days ago. I know it has to cycle , but I just can't take any fish dying. I put 4 guppies in to start. thanks roxygirl

Okay do you have a master test kit?
Did you use water conditioner?
How many fish are left?
When was your last wster change?

You can put him in a little cup with water and put him in the freezer. That should put him to sleep humanely. It only takes a couple minutes.

Ok, now I think you could save the fish if you do as follows:
Buy prime, and double the dose (its ok to over dose in emergencies)
Do an immediate 50 percent water change, and continue to do those daily for a while.

Back
Top Bottom