A possible under the influence purchace...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know i have the proper lighting.. my parameters are and always have been great. However I picked up a sabea.. my clowns host a teapot already.. however i couldnt pass up a 6 inch in diameter for $30 Great color and extended. To me its like owning the coveted mandarin. However how often should i spot feed it and what do you guys normally feed since im sure my clowns wont host.

I feed my Sebae 1 silverside, every 10 days. Used to feed it once a week for years, but after discussions about Nems and feeding, and learning that some don't feed at all, I went to every 10 days. Just don't feel right about stopping feeding altogether.
It has done very well, and has gotten huge. Too big, in fact, and the only place it will fit in my 180 reef, is in a front corner. It has only moved about 4" in 20 months, further into the corner, half on the side.

View attachment 110301

Front

View attachment 110303

Side

bigben2057 said:
Wow never saw one that big before nice job!

Thanks Ben, had it for over 6 years, hosts a Gold Mis-bar Maroon Clown. Bites me every time I go near his Nem! :)

No prob. jsmirh. I would start off with small, 1" pieces and see how it goes. I only feed mine with a 2-2 1/2" piece.

I will post pics when i get home... they just had it labeled as a nem no scientific name next to it. Im still leaning to it being a sabae.

Thinking it might be the long-tentacle. I've never seen a green-tipped Sebae, although it may be possible.
Also, the body shape, and tentacle spacing looks more like a long-tentacle to me.
Care requirements would be the same though, high light, low-med flow, and feed sparingly, if you choose to feed. They definitely get most of what they need from the light.

Back
Top Bottom