A question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 female platys in my ten gallon, both are pregnant. The one larger female usually gets along with "twinnie" my twin bar, but just now she was running her around the tank and she's never done that. Is this common when they are carrying? Or is she doing that because she's about to drop a large quantity of fry?

A 10g is a bit small for Platies, she may be feeling extra territorial. Do you have real or fake plants so they can avoid seeing each other ? Are you going to put her in a Breeder Net or Box or just remove the females after they drop fry ?

I have plants. It's just 2 females and a female guppy. They are usually bff's. I have 2 fry in my breeder box now. I kinda prefer not to put her in the box as I don't wanna stress her out. I guess call it population control. I may pick up a second breeder box and use it in my 30 gallon to house fry. I know a ten may be small but I only use it for housing preggos nothing else

Chronos313 said:
I have plants. It's just 2 females and a female guppy. They are usually bff's. I have 2 fry in my breeder box now. I kinda prefer not to put her in the box as I don't wanna stress her out. I guess call it population control. I may pick up a second breeder box and use it in my 30 gallon to house fry. I know a ten may be small but I only use it for housing preggos nothing else

That's fine. I would just make sure there are plenty of fake or real plants to hide in to reduce stress.

Well it's almost 6am and I just spent the last 45 minutes catching 12-15 fry! I think twinnie dropped her batch! So excited!

Okay new update she dropped a total of 22 fry! Still looking but I think I got them all

Back
Top Bottom