a story to share.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone i thought i would share this. My family and i planned a trip to florida for 8 days. So i got some one to take care of 10gl and my 20gl. Every thing was fine for the first 4 or 5 days until my propane tank run out of gas. Thats when it got really bad. I gave my mother in law 500 dollers the day before left to stop at the gas place to fill my propane tank at home because she was going to town. We'll she didn't stop and do it and she never told me. So five days into my trip i get a call from my care taker telling that my house is really cold and it smells like gas really bad. I freaked and called the gas company and they come and put gas in my tank. But my care taker would't relight furnace she was scared of the gas. So i had to try and get ahold of someone to do it and could'nt find any one. So for the next 3 days i did nothing but worry. When i got home there was nothing but raw gas pooring in my house and the temp was 36 dagrees in my house. So needless to say i lost all my fish,coral. The only think that survived were a few crabs and snails. sorry for the long post i just had to get it out.... :(

That is a terrible story. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can get things turned around and begin to rebuild. Hang in there.

yeah im trying i just got alot of salt and doing alt of water changes. Its going to take time. It just sucks because it took me 2 years to get where i was and in a couple of days it was all gone.

Man that sucks! I have only been away from my tank once since I set it up. I had my wifes cousins take care of it for me and they did a faily good job....they over fed a bit but that was easily fixed with a few PWCs. Man I hate to read about people loosing everything like that. Lando and another lost a lot due to leaks and glass breaking and now you.

Sorry for your loss. It is a shame all of the hard work is lost in such a short period of time. Still in all you're lucky as things could have been much worse with all the gas coming in. Did you at least get the $500 back?

yeah i got the money back and it went to the gas bill and liveaquaria for all the salt and chemi pure i ordered..

Sorry to hear about your loss.

This is my worry too, Every time I take a vacation I worry about my tank. I am on all city Power/Gas But that doesn't mean they don't have outages!

Something you might consider though is getting a bigger heater. Even if your house was 36 degrees, if your heater was big enough it should have been able to maintain your tank temp.

Just a thought...

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom