AA Trip to the Bronx Zoo! - Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Extraordinary! Just got home from our Bronx Zoo field trip and what a day it was!

Attending were: Menagerie, BrianNY, QTOFFER, Bubblyblue, myself and my wife.

We met at a diner for breakfast and proceeded to the Zoo. Amazing, the weather turned out to be gorgeous. We had thought that Ophelia may have made an appearance but she didn't. :) Most of us had not been to the Zoo in years and we marveled at the New exhibits. We spent a total of 5 1/2 hours touring the exhibits, fascinated by various species and their habitats. When we went through the Congo/Africa exhibit, we were once again amazed. Within the gorilla exhibit was a huge pond. Inside the pond were the biggest red tail sharks, irredescent sharks, huge gouramies and tinfoil barbs. 8O

In another exhibit, huge African cichlids were on display. As well as another tank, complete with a mangroove tree inside which held several species of tetras, sharks and turtles (yes, turtles).

We ended the evening with dinner and polite conversation. In all, the day was fabulous and we can't wait to do another trip!

*Yours truly did make one unpardonable error. Forgot to charge the batteries for the digital camera. Not to fret, QTOFFER did remember to bring his. Pics will follow soon. :D

that's awesome! Don't ya love the zoo? lol..I want to work in one someday!!!! that is cool about the fish! I have a gourami and used to have a red tailed shark! How big were they? Do you know?

I had a camera too, but could not figure out how to work it :oops: We had a great time and it was good to see BrianNYand QTOFFER and to finally meet Jc and his lovey wife. I can't wait to see everyone next year at the AA BBQ (I promise I will come home for that!).

:D It was an awesome day. I was so happy to see everyone again. Hope that more folks can make the next get together.

Looking forward to seeing the pics Andy.

yes. there was many a camera defects but QTOFFER was there with his trusty (and expensive) camera snapping away. the monkeys were really cool. and i got to see penguins briefly so i was happy! the skyfari was fun too! it's weird to think that all those trees and nature is surrounded by a city.

Ditto...we did miss you Lori. Hopefully we can all get together again in the near future.

I forgot to mention that my wife really enjoyed meeting you guys. When I had told her we do more than just "talk fish", she had her doubts. 8O

I would say she has a new understanding of this incredible hobby and the people who are dedicated to it.

wait a minute! hold the phone! stop the press! The ONE time I don't go, Bill's mystery wife goes? (smells armpits...no, they are clean) what's up with that?

haha his wife is amazing and very sweet. wish you could have been there lori. this just means we are going to have to have another get together to have us all see each other.

My wife really wants to meet you now Lori. She thought that you didn't show because of her...I told her to check her armpits...alas...not a problem there. LOL

Jchillin said:
My wife really wants to meet you now Lori. She thought that you didn't show because of her...I told her to check her armpits...alas...not a problem there. LOL

Not at all! I really want to meet her too!

Pictures will be forthcoming! I've been busy fighting my lousy landlord and his hired imbeciles since Sunday. :evil:

The worst part is there were two other cameras there that day--both with dead batteries and none of the shops sold batteries! I thought the camera I had was broken--I had never used it before, but it turns out I grabbed dead batteries :( If my eyes had been open, I would have seen the new battery pack :oops:

Picture update!

This week was insane! :crazyeyes: Landlords, apartment inspections, lawyers, accountants, engineers, fundraising, bank accounts, tenant's association meetings...I'll start another thread about all that when I get a chance. :roll:

I took about 160 pictures at the zoo. Some were downright awful thanks to the stupid glass between me and the ferocious animals. Most were pretty good, but they require some cropping, contrast correction, etc. That's almost all done. Because there are so many (about 45 keepers), I will most likely upload them to shutterfly early this week.

Patience, grasshopper! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom