Accidently unpluged Ehiem filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bballsosh

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was plugging something in and accidently unpluged my ehiem filter. When i plugged it back in the filter was not working what should i do?

I moved this to general FW discussion.

First make sure you have not lost your siphon. If you have not, then open up the cannister and clean the impeller and make sure it is ok and set right. Hopefully it is ok and restarts for you. I had this happen to me once and it turned out my shaft was broken and needed replaced.

Yes it still has a syphon i think, well when i pull the bar off that returns the water back into the tank a little bit of water flows out. What should i do so that the water that is renturned comes out with the correct amount of water and not a small amount. i am afraid tha if i open the canister up then water will be fowing trhough it. What would you suggest i do.

If you are getting some return, then the motor is still working. I would do a general cleaning and make sure the impeller is good and the hoses are clear.

what model do you have?

Don't your hoses have shutoff valves?

Are you getting a little bit of continuous flow, or just a little squirt when you jiggle the bar?

Back
Top Bottom