achilles tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pluk1992

Aquarium Advice Activist
does anyone have one of these tangs i would like too add it in the future would it be alright with two percs and cleaner wrasse theres a picture of one at vividaquarium.com under tangs if you dont know waht it looks like its pretty cool

Do you still have the 29 listed in your profile? Achilles tangs are very difficult, prone to ich and need a big(ger) tank... They sure are beautiful. If you have a larger tank now then you may consider a white cheek. They're a little less fragile and IMO more beautiful.

EDIT: I see from your other thread that you've just upgraded tanks... I'd personally still steer clear of the achilles in favor of the white cheek, but I'm glad to see that it would be going into a 75. I haven't checked their space needs, but I'm sure the 75 is much better suited than the 29!

do you have a place where i can see this white cheek you speek of no i have setup a 75 yesterday

They're here side by side for comparison. I see they're both out of stock at LA though.

The achilles has a recommended tank size of 100g where the white cheek has a recommended tank size of 70g, based on LAs tank size recommendations. Looks like a much better fit.

Back
Top Bottom