actinic lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fargo_182

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just wondering if actinic lighting counts in your WPG calculation or is it merely for the blue effect we are trying to reproduce?

I have a 35 gallon 36lx12wx18h, and ordered two strip T5 lights with 21w 10k and a 21w actinic each. If the actinic do not count then my WPG is not very good.

I believe, and some one correct me if I am wrong, but actinic is just a bluer spectrum of light, as opposed to yellow and all the other spectrums. I believe, it counts toward your WPG.

While the amount of blue (which we vary between different color temperature bulbs) are dependent on our likings, I agree with roka in that they still count toward our WPG loose rule. Corals do use some actinic lighting.

Lighting is greek to me. ;)

Yes your actinic lighting does count on your WPG. I have a I have a super actinic and 50/50 VHO light set up.

thanks guys!
I have been reading alot from you guys for the past year or so. You always come through with some informative stuff.
I was going to go VHO but the wequipment is kind of scarce in Canada and/or expensive.
I most likely will go MH when the time comes to get some corals. Still waiting for my order of base rock to come through. reef solution is taking their sweet time to put it through

Back
Top Bottom