Active filter put in at the end of a cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marinemammalover

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi. So I have been cycling my twenty gallon for about eight weeks now with six zebra danios and am currently in the middle of a nitrite spike of around one to two ( I have been doing fifty to sixty percent water changes whenever I can which is usually everyday). I have read online about buying an active filter from angelsplus.com to "seed" your tank. I don't have access to any cycled media or gravel and I know that I will need a sponge filter in my tank just in case there is a power outage( I ready have a power filter) anyway...I was wondering if I could still add the sponge filter this late in the cycle to help seed the tank??? Any comments would be very helpful thank you!

Absolutely, it will help your cycle complete faster. I did the same thing and those angelsplus active filter pads do not disappoint.

Agreed. I put one in my tank and it cycled,fish in, in about a month.

Be sure to keep up with testing the nitrogen cycle though just in case and especially if adding new stock.

Ok thank you everybody! :) I am not going to add new stock until my tank is cycled and I am going to keep testing everyday. Hopefully I'll be able to order the filter today and my cycle will speed up a little! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom