Add a pair of B. Rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a heavily planted 46 gallon bowfront that I've been playing around with for the past six months or so. Its heavily planted and has an AQ70 running on it.

My stock will be as follows, once I move two angels to my 55

-1 Angelfish
-2 G.B.R.'s
-10 Cardinal Tetra
-6 Glowlight Tetra
-1 BNP
-Ghost Shrimp

I saw a pair of beautiful Bolivians at a lfs and really wanted to get them... Do you think its doable?

I do about a 25-30% water change on my tank once a week. My nitrates are never higher than 5ppms.

I have a heavily planted 46 gallon bowfront that I've been playing around with for the past six months or so. Its heavily planted and has an AQ70 running on it.

My stock will be as follows, once I move two angels to my 55

-1 Angelfish
-2 G.B.R.'s
-10 Cardinal Tetra
-6 Glowlight Tetra
-1 BNP
-Ghost Shrimp

I saw a pair of beautiful Bolivians at a lfs and really wanted to get them... Do you think its doable?

I do about a 25-30% water change on my tank once a week. My nitrates are never higher than 5ppms.

You might have an aggression/territory issue between your GBR's and BR's, especially if they breed.

It is definitely doable. I've kept 4 proven pairs in my 55g tank before. I ordered 3 pair and planned on 3 pair in the tank, but I was sent 4 pair and had no other space for them. It worked out fine, even when they would all spawn 2 hours apart from the first pair to the last pair.

I also think its do-able. IMO, you have enough floor space to provide for the territorial needs of both pairs without stress. :)

Cool. I have four pieces of slate in there, making caves and platforms that jut up from the substrate and are generally hidden by plants. The current GBRs like to use the left side. They rarely venture on to the right side.

Mixing breeding pairs of cichlids in a tank with this footprint could get nasty. If you have another tank that you can use as a back-up plan, you could try it, but otherwise I wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom