Adding fish to 75g planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bic31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like to add fish to my 75g tank. I would really like to add a cichlid but I worry about their aggressive behavior. I have a couple of Rasboras and cherry barbs, 1 angel, three rainbows, and two plecos. What would you add?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would up all the shoals to atleast 8, if they're common plecos take them both back. You have a cichlid already, bolivian rams are pretty chill..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the chart. That is helpful. Also I have had the plecos for about two years so I am stuck with them. I mentioned in a different post that I am having trouble finding additional cherry barbs and harlequin Rasboras. With they shoal with fish of the same species?

Will they shoal...

Brookster, would I need to get two Rams or will it be fine alone?

Brooksie, are rainbows, angels, and rasboras compatible with cichlids?

Not all cichlids but bolivian rams? Yah. The rams will stay on the sand so they won't cross paths all that often.

My goldfish are eating my other smaller fish. I need help. So far about 4 have been eaten. :!:

Odd quote here, i remember the original though;) rams in spawn can become territorial, aggression will follow. In a large tank they may claim a corner or side for the spawning site. If aggression bothers you than stick to one or a few females. I find it semi pointless to keep cichlids to one sex. Best coloration and behavior presents when babies are to be made!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom