Adding Koralia Nano to BioCube??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesd28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,

I have seen many people with BioCube 14G add a Koralia Nano to their tank (often at the top right of the tank near the intake to chamber 1). I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1) In your guys' opinion, would the benefits of adding it be worth the $?

2) would placing it near the intake reduce the rate at which particles, etc are filtered out?

THANKS! :thanks:

I have a 425 koralia in my 29g. It works great and I would highly recommend one for you. A 240 might be more appropriate though. It's up to you. The more flow the better, well, within reason. I occasionally run a 750 in the cube as well. The included return line pump isnt that powerful and you want no dead spots at all in your tank for food and poop to gather up in. You want the particles free floating so that they can be sucked up by the intake. :)

carey - where would you recommend placing it? Since the stock pump is on the far left side, I have seen most people put theirs on the far right side either to the left of or right below the top intake. Is that a good placement, or is there a more ideal spot? Thanks as always!

PS I am taking back the twin spot goby today and getting a tailspot blenny :)

Thats good news, poor little fish. maybe one day you can get one again. :)

I keep my PH on the right glass near the top corner right now. Sometimes I put it on the black back wall too. Just depends onhow my rocks are setup and where I need that extra flow.

Back
Top Bottom