Adding Liverock...How much at a time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just like the title...How much liverock can I add to my refuge at one time... It will be rubble but how much a pound or two maybe less???

If it is fully cured LR rubble from the LFS you shouldbe able to add it all at once. Just make sure you get a good history from the LFS and it is transported wet.

Brenden said:
How big is your tank? If the rock is cured you should be able to add more than that.

I have a 75 gal with about 90lbs of cured in there now, but I only have about 2 lbs of rubble in the fuge and want to add more.

lando said:
If it is fully cured LR rubble from the LFS you shouldbe able to add it all at once. Just make sure you get a good history from the LFS and it is transported wet.

I'll have to ask how long its been there,I know its there 2 weeks now in his show it tank...You say all at once, Im looking at 10 or 15 lbs,that wont be detrimental to the system???

Adding cured lr will have no bad effects. If it in the LFS main tank I would say that you will be safe because he would be having issues if it was not cured.

How big is the fuge? and why so much LR..

seaham358 said:
Adding cured lr will have no bad effects. If it in the LFS main tank I would say that you will be safe because he would be having issues if it was not cured.

How big is the fuge? and why so much LR..

The fuge is about 10 to 12 gal, Im going to put up to 5 lbs in the fuge and the rest in the main tank... not all in the fuge.

Back
Top Bottom