adding sump, water change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukki

Aquarium Advice Regular
so finally the place i orderd my overflow and pump from emailed me back and he said he didnt even realise that the tracking # he gave me wasnt for both items! =((

i guess he found everything out and apparently it was shipped yesterday so if its not here tomorrow which im highly doubting, and since its a holiday weekend, im thinking tues. i will have my overflow, hopefully :D

my tank is coming up on needing a water change, should i just wait, add my sump water { 7 - 7 1/2 gallons - when running at least, not sure exactly how much will need to go in }.. should i just wait, add that water and check to see if everything stays ok and wait another couple weeks before i do the water change ... or do it and add the sump water both at the same time.... or now and when i get the sump just add that?

or is that confusing soundin ... lol

about time this thing gets shipped, ive wanted to set up my sump bad :(

Either or or all the above :) I don't think it really matters. With a 29 gal, you will probably be ok with just adding the sump and new SW. You could easily do a water change at the same time though or wait a few weeks.

It should not effect your tank either way. What is more convenient :)

okay, i just did not want to take out and add maybe 4 gallons of water then add 10 and mess something up lol... i think i will just hold off till i get the sump in and see what the water in the tank does

I just noticed that you are in Loiusville, KY. I am across the river in IN and work in Louisville. Ever been to LMAS.org?

Let me know if you need anything since we are close. There are some nice LFS in Louisville if you don't already know.

Nice avatar too :)

where in IN.. actually im in IN too lol.. in sellersburg, i used to live in louisville not even a year ago tho, just put louisville down as its the main city around here... people would know it alot better =) where do you work at , gimme a job !! :p

no actually i didnt know that page existed lol.. checking that out now

i used to do alot of 3d studio max stuff, i was bored one day so i made a bunch transformer logos .. so actaully that is 3d you just cant tell :)

Back
Top Bottom