Additional light options for my 55 planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplicitysarah

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a finnex fugeray on my 55 gal.. I have mostly low light plants but am not getting much growth. I dose glut and pps-pro. Should I had another light fixture!? :hide:
Looking for advice whether I should increase lighting? Was looking at ray2 or a T5 or t5ho., but then I wonder if that would be too much light.. I would like to stick to low or medium light.
Thanks!

I have a finnex fugeray on my 55 gal.. I have mostly low light plants but am not getting much growth. I dose glut and pps-pro. Should I had another light fixture!? :hide:
Looking for advice whether I should increase lighting? Was looking at ray2 or a T5 or t5ho., but then I wonder if that would be too much light.. I would like to stick to low or medium light.
Thanks!
If you have the budget, go for a BML(Build My Led) light fixture. Now your talking around $300+ but this light will grow ANYTHING. I call it The Beast!!
It custom made, you can choose an off the shelve version or customise it to your needs. It really is worth every penny and I haven't even set it up on my tank yet(waiting for my LFS to get the 29g back in stock). The bonus is you can get a dimmer for it, so it will cut back the light to medium light. I guess you could call it future proofed. I believe they are currently working on a fully programmable version. I know it is a big outlay but it will pay for itself in no time.

I was hoping to not spend that much, but I'll check it out!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1392668054957.jpg
    1392668054957.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom