adf with open wound!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

totalnewb

Aquarium Advice Regular
So Monday is water change day.
I awoke this am to 1 of 5 adfs in a planted 10G dead. I have to say that as upset as I am, I am not that surprised as there was one the other night who simply would not eat. I did not inspect the body too closely as I was upset and my husband was good enough to retrieve him, although I did note a pink spot on his tummy.
Then during the water change, I noticed that one of the other ones had a red spot on his tummy. After closer inspection, I could see that it is a scrape. There is a superficial slip of skin hanging off. He seems otherwise ok and is eating but I'm worried.
I put some melafix in the tank, because I didn't know what else to do.
I had forgotten that I have a little 1G. Should I put him in it and melafix just him? Any other ideas?
BTW tank several months old. No losses until this am. Params fine. Check daily. 4 adfs and 2 oto. Worried it might be my fault as I added some crushed coral a few weeks ago, which might have caused the injury, because my KH was a real problem.
Should I isolate him in a 1G? Melafix?
I would really appreciate some advice. These fun little guys can be really difficult, especially in a smaller tank.

Back
Top Bottom