ADF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeffreyBowers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! New here just had a question. When I am calculating what stock fits into my tank safely using the inch of fish per gallon rule. Does that apply for frogs to or should I a lot more for them because they aren't really fish? I don't know if I worded that right but I think you'll understand.

Thanks in advance

Jeffrey

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Inch per gallon is long outdated man...

It's like saying I can put a 10 inch Oscar in a 10g tank. It doesn't work.

We base stocking off of many other factors now based on size, bio load, etc now.

Caleb

Hey guys! New here just had a question. When I am calculating what stock fits into my tank safely using the inch of fish per gallon rule. Does that apply for frogs to or should I a lot more for them because they aren't really fish? I don't know if I worded that right but I think you'll understand.

Thanks in advance

Jeffrey

Hmm... I'm not sure about that, but you should look at aqadvisor.com.

Thanks in advance

Jeffrey

5 gallons for one and then after five it is +1 per gallon. I personally am getting three for a ten gallon tank. Maximum for ten gallons is 6 and you should have at least 3 of them together at all times because they like the company.

Back
Top Bottom