ADF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beandoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to the pet store today to possibly get an ADF what do I need to buy (besides the frog)? I already have a ten gallon tank. Maybe send me pictures of your tanks.

My tank. It's a 20g with 5 adf plus corys, ottos and platys. I'd say sand better than gravel, plenty of hiding places, leafy plants (they like to hide in, on or under), they eat sinking pellets, algae wafers, blood worms, brine shrimp. They like company so would recommend more than 3. They can be slow to food but I've never had this problem. Make sure tank has a lid as I've had 1 escape (even with a lid on)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1440618937731.jpg
    1440618937731.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 97
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440621967.349463.jpg

I have 8 small plants in there. Should I get more? I have put one golden mystery snail in there and some pond snails and a rock. Any suggestions? Bye the way filter is up and running and I will get the frogs within 3 days and I will get a glow fish to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have you got any caves or hiding places? They spend a lot of time under things and can get very skittish if nowhere to hide. Plants will be good when grown a bit

There is a hole in that rock near the ground. I'll send a picture from a different angle. But, Should I get a cave or is the hole good enough?

I'd suggest some more hiding places. Like a cave or something. They get very stressed if can't hide properly

Had adf before and they always wanted to hide so like fishywishywowoo would suggest is better hiding spots

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One of them has died and I will work on caves/hiding spotsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441314321.929236.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441315584.446014.jpg
Is this cave that I have added good enough? And I will get another frog to replace the one that died. Anymore recommendations please I'm new to this.

That will provide some much needed shelter. Maybe get like 4 more if you can. They really like company and produce very little waste. Other than that, likely cause of death was stress from move. Some more sensitive than others. Just make sure they get food and they will be happy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom