Adhesive question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith A.

Aquarium Advice Activist
First of all, this may have been very poor planning on my part. I made my sump and it's been running for about a week now. I'm noticing that things are starting to fall off and come unglued. I went to my LFS and talked to them about it and showed the plans for it. I have acrylic divider panels in a glass sump and was told that there isn't anything that could bind acrylic to glass. :facepalm: Is there anything that would bind acrylic to glass that would also be aquarium safe?

Silicone is about the only thing I can think of. That's what I used on mine. It doesn't bond the acrylic to the glass, but as long as your acrylic is thick enough (as in, it doesn't bend from the weight of the water), a nice thick bead of silicone on each side will hold it in place.

agreed. I've used silicone on different plastics as partitions and they lasted years. Another thing would be to call a local glass shop and have them cut you a few pieces of glass to fit. They will probably charge you under 10 dollars a partition I would think.

Back
Top Bottom