Advice on pre drilled 90 gallon filtration please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marise

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I am new here & need some advice please. I have owned several aquariums in the past and always run them with Eheim canister filters so therefore I know nothing about what I have just bought! I recently moved from Australia and bought a 60 gal to start with, I just purchased a 90 gallon pre drilled with what looks like the wet/dry and sump (which I know nothing about) the tank has 2 holes and an overflow in the back corner. My question is going to sound ridiculous to you all BUT.. can I somehow bypass those holes and just use my Eheim canisters? I am familiar with them and thought perhaps I could fill the tank and not use that overflow part???? Is the overflow part waterproof? I haven't attempted to fill it up yet! I know to this is extreme and a waste of probably a good pre drilled tank but I just want it how I am used to it as I don't even know if all the parts to the wet/dry is there. The person I bought it off didn't know much about the tank and I thought I could just fill the tank and not not use the hole end, thinking the overflow box will hold back the water if I don't fill it over the top?? lol. I can see you all laughing right now but is this going to work or will I have 90 gals of water racing through the house. I have had giant 5ft x 2ft x 2ft aquariums with no probems with the canisters.
Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Back
Top Bottom