Advice on saltwater aquariums PLEASE.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyGunn528

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey,
I just got into this hobby from my friend. I've gotten some research and looked up some different styles of tanks, but now I would like some real advice from real people. Please give me any advice on the type of tank (I'm thinking towards 30 gallons), filter, gravel, fish, food, ect. Thanks a lot.

Welcome TG, how can we help you out more specifically? Are you most interested in a fish only tank or are you interested in a reef tank or....?

Your best approach is reading until you're full enough to ask questions.

If you have not already done so, pick up a copy of "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner. Also, check out the articles on this site. We'll be glad to help in any way we can. Welcome to AA.com!

Also....a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good book that helped me through my first marine aquarium is "The New Marine Aquarium" by Micheal S. Paletta. You can get this book on Amazon.com for cheap... REALLY helpful! As Logan said....fill ur self up with info then come back to ask your more detailed questions that aren't answered in the book. Or, visit ur local fish store!

I'm extremely happy with my 47 gal bow front, it's gorgous. Live rock and everything makes it much more complicated, and i have all these algea problems. But i love my fish! i would recomend fish only, just cuz mine has become such a pain in the you know what! any other help feel free to ask

Back
Top Bottom