Advice on small fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dinnerflexor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got 6 Galaxy rasboras for my fluval 6 (planted, driftwood, fishless cycle finished a week before purchase). I didn't realize until too late that my filter was sucking them up! I rescued three and lost one. (They were in the bottom of the filter in the muck) This is a pretty expensive freshwater fish and I want to do right by them. I put gauze around the filter and am crossing my fingers that the 3 I rescued stay healthy.
Any advice on feeding them and keeping them healthy? They are babies!
Any advice on keeping the debris cleaned in the fluval, I can't reach every space with my siphon? Any advice on a clean up crew? (It seems everyone in town is out of Amano, which is my preference)
Thanks
Kat

P.S. 1st small tank:ermm:

I run a 24g and 55g nano fish tanks and you have to get a sponge cover to fit over the filter intakes. I keep multiple species of nano fish some as small as 3/8". The most important thing is feeding them food that is small enough. I use Repashy Superfood which you make into a gel. Then a very good quality flake food in which you have to smash it up very very fine in order for them to be able to eat it. As treats I feed frozen Cyclops. Only having such a small number be sure to add just a tiny bit of food at a time. Keep up on WC's weekly and watch nitrates. With nano fish I like to keep nitrates around 10ppm and no higher as many are sensitive to higher levels. They also like plenty of plants.

Back
Top Bottom