advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herbzIOW

Aquarium Advice Activist
If I wanted to use ro water in my tropical tank, what would I have to add to it for my freshwater fish to be happy? I hear you need to add minerals to it or something?

Seachem neutral regulator and Seachem RO right does the job for me.

Which is what exactly? I Havent heard of it.

R/O water is stripped of everything it has no ph no hardness no salts no minerals nothing. To use it in our aquariums we must add all the good things that water needs. Seachem Neutral Regulator adjust PH to neutral PH ( 7.0 ) from either a low or high ph and maintains it there.It also removes chlorine chloramine or ammonia. Kent R/O Right is a specifically formulated mixture of dissolved solids (also called general hardness or GH) that returns the natural water chemistry to reverse osmosis, distilled or de-ionized water for fresh water fish and plants. Provides a balanced electrolyte system which includes major salts, magnesium, calcium and potassium together with all necessary minor and trace minerals. Contains no phosphates or nitrates. If you are doing a planted aquarium, use Seachem's equilibrium. Ok I'm doing this post on a I pad and my finger is tired go to Drsfostersmith.com to do more research.

My answer would be I want to control what is in my water. I don't want to rely on the city. We test our water for many things but we also don't test for a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom