Advice.....what's next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RionPanchi010

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I have a 60 gallon tank with only 2 little false percula clowns in it right now. I am ready for my next addition but I don't no a good fish to get. I want a peaceful community tank and in the future I will want a regal tang but I might have to put that in last due to the excessive bullying problems I had with my last tang. What kind of fish would complete my tank and have a good color variation? What order do I put them in, is the tang really the last one I can put in? One more question, a friend of mine is selling two royal gammas and I heard they only come out of rock work if there is 2 of them is that true? Sorry about all my question...thanks :)

I would say no to the tang. They need at least a 6 foot tank. But the grammas are great colorful fish. I have one. She does hang in the rockwork though alot. lol

How about a blenny or goby? they have such great personality! Or maybe a school of cardinals? So many options!

Try a Gobie or Blennie or maybe a school of Chromis those are always fun to watch..

1.Yellow Watchman Gobie are favorites
2. From my experience Yellowtail Damsels are pretty non- aggressive unless they are in groups of 3 or less.
3. Black Bar Chromis are cool if you want to order some off of Liveaquaria.
4. Any type of Fariy Wrasse would be a good choice also I like my Redhead Fairy Wrasse. I would stay away from 6 line wrasse as they can bully over time or get aggressive towards new fish you throw in.

As to being Peaceful normally your tank will be peaceful in the order you add your fish. Any fish bigger than what your adding should be added last depending on the size. I've come to notice once your fish establish there homes they can get aggressive. Re-arranging the rock work helps (sometimes). But it's all up to what you want in your tank and what looks nice... HTH...

I know most of them are tough to keep but I am partial to Dwarf Angel Fish. I just think the color and how they cruise around the tank is awesome. The possibilities are limitless when you are set'n up a new fish community, I'm jealous. I'm sure it's gonna look great and you'll have fun check'n out all the different possibilities. Good luck.

My royal gramma is out all the time guarding his little area of the reef. He never hides. They are great fish. Numerous on a wild reef, they keep a little territory of about 1 cubic foot. If this pair doesn't fight, they would be great. I also like gobies. Many wrasses are easy to keep. Coral beauty angel fish are reef safe. Fire fish hang out in the water column. Damsels fight all the time. I also have a small school of 5 yellow coral wrasses. They browse the reef continuously and leave all the other fish alone,

Everyone has given you some good points. I would reiterate what Carey said, no tang. The tang police will be on you like white on rice if you put one in that tank, especially a regal. I would recommend a midas blenny, I have one in my 65 gallon. He is very laid back, easy to care for, hardy, and an interesting fish to watch. Beautiful color as well. You could also look into some smaller puffers, hawkfish, really a lot of options.

Will puffers hurt my inverts in my tank I have feather dusters anemones and button polyps with some green star polyps..... I also heard they don't mix well with shrimp:fish2:

The shrimp would be a goner sooner or later, everything else listed would be fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom