African Brass Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hb3133

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have any experience with these fish or know any general information? The LFS had adults listed as 2 inches but one website had 6 inches. I just put 6 in my 10 gallon and I am very worried. I appreciate any help.

pet stores are notorious about having differnt sizes

i always look at several sites about a fish to double check, (a lfs told me a black ghost knife would get only 8-12" when they get at least 16" maybe 20"

but then again fishs growth will be stunted somewhat by a two small aquarium, they would still outdrow it. i really would reccomend a 20 gal at least, because even if these guys do olnly get 2.5" they'll still need a bigger tank

Well..... its been 24 hours and the fish have developed the small black spot near the tail fin. I am now convinced they are Gold Tetra's, which is perfectly fine. I read that gold tetras black tail spot will vanish when scared or stressed. I guess they are feeling at home now!

if they do look like that, then they probably are, many fish have many names

glass catfish/ghost catfish

dragon goby/violet goby/ dragon fish/dragon eel

plecostomus/sucker fish

yellow chromide/red chromide/ orange chromide (there all yellow, but have diff color names)

Back
Top Bottom