African Butterfly Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gkuzel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have one? How hard is the upkeep? Feeding wize? I've got a 48 gal, ram tank, with no top dwelling fish. Need some movement on top. Thanks in advance!

They really aren't that hard to up-keep, but make sure that your tank does not go through any fluctuations in Ph or Temp (The African Butterfly can be sensitive to fluctuations in aquarium pH and temperature).

The African Butterfly Fish isn't really the fish that will bring movement to the top area of the tank. They seem to float much of the time, so if you're looking for a really active fish this may not be the one for you.

Also Make sure to have a tight fitting lid, they are jumpers!

I've been looking for some as well for the top of my tank. Haven't found any at LFS yet, but I'll keep at it.
They're beautiful fish. :)
You can order them online from Petco but I'm not going to risk it with such an expensive fish.
I've never had them before, but from what I've heard they just kind of drift lazily around the top of the tank but go wild when it's time to feed.

I actually work at a PetCo and I think I'm going to try and order them this week. We'll see how it goes I guess. Just don't want any of my guys to become dinner.

Back
Top Bottom