Africans and live plants? Tanganyikans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dogspot

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi y'all,

Here's a pick of my new tank, it's a 60 gallon... You can see some of the Frontosa's (4 total) hanging out on the right... If you look closely, my black Tropheus Duboisi is hanging out over there also. I've got 2 Leleupis, 1 Calvus, and 1 pleco also. The Tropheus always steals the cucumber pieces from the pleco, poor pleco! Anyway... I inherited some live plants along with this whole tank setup from a friend... Is there any problem with mixing live plants with Africans... My Duboisi loves pecking at it, but he doesn't really do any damage. I couldn't tell you what kind of plants they are though, you can see them in the picture, there are 4 of them. I want to add some more live plants.... Good idea? Bad idea? Type of plants?

I know someone will ask... The tank is cycled, it was previously set up, drained, moved to my house, and immediately refilled... I still let it sit for a few weeks before adding the fish. Ammonia is zero, Nitrates and nitrites are nill.... PH is 8.2.. Temp is 81.

Attachments

• tank_238.jpg
    tank_238.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom