Ahhhh my angel fish died!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jnj0627

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Me and my fiance bought 4 angel fish today we put them in the tank and went to work when we got home we couldn't find one of them we saw the other 3 one looks like its tail fin night be clamped (treating with Mela fix) they're body is about the size of a nickel (that's without the fins). My filter is a marine land 350 I knew it was powerful but is it going to kill the rest of my angel fish????? I don't even understand how this could happen! Please help! I don't know what to do at this point!! Us there something I can use to cover the intake???

Sorry I'm really upset I forgot to say what happened to the fish it got stuck to the intake valve not sucked up it stuck to it....it's very sad.

Sorry for your loss, but I dont think its your filter intake killing the fish. When fish die they tend to float around until the filter grabs them.

Before I even ask the following questions, I would do a pwc (partial water change) right now. I hope you are using a good dechlorinator for the water changes. Most people use Prime.

I am sorry about your fish. :(
First off, I am going to say that small angels can be really finicky. They are known to drop dead sometimes even in pristine water.
Healthy fish do not get stuck to the filter and die. Its likely the angel was having an issue, or it died and then got suctioned over.
Did you cycle the tank? Do you have a test kit to measure the water parameters?
What size tank?

I use prime as well and the tank is fully cycled. I use the API freshwater test kit p.h. 7.6 amonina and nitrites 0 and nitrates at 10-15 its a 55 gallons and we do pwc once a week anywhere between 25-50%

My tank is set up like this. 55 gallon
2 violet a.k.a. dragon gobys
1 rainbow shark
2 plecos ( once they get bigger I understand we'll have to get rid of them.)
2 African clawed frogs(same as plecos)
2 Sunburst platys
3 zebra danios
1 glass catfish
And a whole bunch of ghost shrimp and now my 3 angels

Ok. Well, like I said, tiny baby angels are fragile, so its likely that the problem was just bad stock IMO. Good ot know your tank is cycled and the params are awesome. :)
Just a note, you probably know this but just in case, thats a good size tank for a rainbow shark, but sometimes they still get a bit nasty with tankmates, especially one that stick to the bottom. Watch out for him and the glass cat. Glass cats really usually do better for the long run in bigger groups. I would get a few more zebra danios too.
Good luck with the rest of your angels!

Thanks yeah we'll definitely keep an eye on him and more danios are in the books for the future

I know this thread isnt about your stocking, but everyone helped you with the angels already. Just bad luck. But you really should get at least 5 most glass cats. Also those shrimp might become lucnh at some point with the angels and rainbow.

I'm ok with the shrimp thing and the glass cats were a gift we had five and were down to one I wont be buying anymore simply because they did way to easily but thanks for your advice :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom