air pumps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

batman311

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just set up my first aquarium it is a 29 gallon and i have been running it for a week and a half with 2 rose tiped tetras and 2 white skirts
i wanted to start putting in plants and i was wondering if my air pump is needed or if i can run mine without the pump?

An airpump is entirely up to you. Some people like the looksome don't. Neither your fish or your plants need one. What kind of plants are you thinking of?

Welcome to AA!!!

thanks for the tip and i don't know the names to well of the plants but i was going for some moderate to low light plants. I was thinking some ferns, anubis, and some swords.

Anubias and some ferns should do well with the standard 20W fluorescent bulb that fits on most 29 gallon tanks. I don't think it would be adequate for any swords though.

CO2 Injection is beneficial at any lighting level, but really only necessary when your lighting is greater than medium light. Higher Light tanks without CO2 injection just invite Algae to take over.

Back
Top Bottom