Air stones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Geoff

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thinking of getting one... What do you guys think? Does it add a lot to the aquarium? Does it bother the fish at all? I was looking into one of the long bubble wands, will it be tough to install with the tank already setup? Also, think it will disrupt the portion of sand I have? Let me know, any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• image-682209523.jpg
    image-682209523.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 100
Dr. Geoff said:
Thinking of getting one... What do you guys think? Does it add a lot to the aquarium? Does it bother the fish at all? I was looking into one of the long bubble wands, will it be tough to install with the tank already setup? Also, think it will disrupt the portion of sand I have? Let me know, any advice is welcome. Thanks.

First off, I LOVE your tank! Its so beautiful! I have a long bubble stone in my tank, sometimes I turn it on sometimes I don't. It doesn't disturb the sand I have in my tank at all. What kind are you getting (there are a few types of long bubble wands)

Dr. Geoff said:

It will help increase the amount of oxygen in your tank, which is good. Airstones can make tanks look awesome if you find the right place to put it. With a wand, I would make a bubble wall near the back. It shouldn't bother your fish unless it is super powerful. It will not be tough to install. All you need to do is connected the tubing from the pump to the bubble wand or airstone, then bury it in the sand. It shouldn't mess up the sand unless it is extremely powerful. With sand I would use a fine air stone so the little holes in the stone don't get clogged by sand. Usually they are called "fine mist" air stones.

Thanks! Wasn't sure what kind of wand... Which do you prefer, any reason why?

Dr. Geoff said:
Thanks! Wasn't sure what kind of wand... Which do you prefer, any reason why?

Mine I just got from Walmart nothing fancy, I like it because my balloon Mollies seem to like playing in the bubbles. I was surfing on this app one day and found someone that had the LED bubble wands which look really cool

Back
Top Bottom