Airborne tank hazards?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's true. Funny enough, I had a friend who moved away, but when he lived in my city he had a 1 bedroom apartment that was lined with tanks. About 12 of them from 40 to 100 gallons. He smoked like a chimney. Non stop, constantly. His fish were among the healthiest I have ever seen. His black neon tetras spawned for him and everything.

I do not doubt this at all but cigarette smoke and cigarette butt toxicity to aquatic creatures has been well documented. Its not simply just the ammonia and the nicotine but I believe the list of other known chemicals is in the thousands with tons of pesticides included. Perhaps his apartment had great ventilation? Or he used carbon or purigen faithfully?

Earlier someone in this thread mentioned fireplaces and woodstoves that is worth touching on, too. If properly installed, ventilated and maintained, they should not pose a risk to anyone. My fish certainly are not affected in the least by the use of a woodstove (our sole source of heat) and I even have fish actively spawning in the basement where it is located.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom