Airstone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vegetarian fish nut

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I recently bought an air stone, and hose, I have an air pump I got from someone. I am wondering how to set it up? I attached the tube to the air stone and pump and put the airstone in the tank. It works but I can't get it to sit flat, it standjs on it's end. What do I do?

Vegetarian fish nut said:
Hi,
I recently bought an air stone, and hose, I have an air pump I got from someone. I am wondering how to set it up? I attached the tube to the air stone and pump and put the airstone in the tank. It works but I can't get it to sit flat, it standjs on it's end. What do I do?

You try and anchor it down with a rock or something...

I used to have a volcano in my tank that held my line and airdrome down but recently I changed my tank around and didn't have room for it so I took a skull that I bought a long time ago and drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the bottom to run the tube through and put the stone in the mouth an I ran the tubing down the corner of the tank and buried it under the gravel with big rocks on top to hold it down.

image-2438047335.jpg

I had a long air stone before the volcano, it was about a foot long and i had to hold it under the water at an angle so that the bubbles could travel to the opposite end that the hose wasn't hooked to but after that it held itself down.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom