Albino Rainbow Shark Not Swimming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeirdreHoyle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A few weeks ago I bought an albino rainbow shark and I fell in love. He is so pretty, very lively, and not overly aggressive toward my other fish (occasionally chases the barbs but causes no harm). I have a 40 gallon tank at about 75%, two temple plants and plenty of hiding places. I have one medium size angel fish, a medium size pleco,two black mollies, two green-glo barbs and a yoyo loach. About an hour ago I noticed my rainbow shark laying on his belly on the bottom of the tank not moving very much with no visible external injuries. He then moved into one of the caves that I have and then after a while came out and moved to another cave and is laying on the ground in there. My question is...is something wrong with him? He is usually very active and now he is just laying around! Someone please help!

I have never tested for ammonia or nitrates but I use ACE ammonia remover every time I do a water change, once every month. Ph is between 6.8 and 7.0, tank has been set up for about a month. I use a Penguin BioWheel 200 and have a gravel vacuum but I haven't used it yet in this tank. I feed a mixture of tetra goldfish flakes and tetra tropical fish sinking pellets.

Last edited:
Update

The albino shark died, it was Ich. All of the fish died except for one barb, the pleco, and the angel fish. I have turned the heat up to 82 degrees and am slowly adding salt to the water. I really hope this helps. This all happened after I purchased two barbs and two black mollies from PetCo, so I will not be going back there.

Back
Top Bottom