Albino Red Finned Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MitcherNeaf

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi i was wondering about the albino red finned shark. I have been reading about them and have seen some comments from owners and alot with only 1 shark say that they are very skittish and hide all the time. And others that have 2 or 3 say that they are more active and dont hide as much. I was wondering if anyone knew much on these guys, cause alot of the sites say to keep them alone but it seems that people are having more luck with 2 or 3 for comfort measures. And im guessing if i get one of these a red tailed shark would be out of the question...
mitch
btw have 3 bala's, 3 clown loaches, common pleco in 55gallon looking to upgrade soon.

also i wanted to ask how many cherry barbs woudl you say, ive heard 2 different stories, get 2 cause they really dont school. or get 4 or 5 cause then even though they dont school they still interact with eachother and could get some breeding.

Rainbow Shark

When my tank was still newly cycled my rainbow hid most of the time. Once the tank aged he was out all of the time. It took a month or two but now he eats and runs all of the tank. I have a tall 42 gallon hex and he has even eaten off the top of the water.

all fish have different personallities so i would say that they cannot generalize that all of these fish are skittish. I would say it depends on the fish and the caretaker.

Give them i try if you would like.

About the cherry barbs, i would go with three or more. Even if they do not school the do appreciate company.

I have a regular red-finned (rainbow) shark. For the first week, he hid under the driftwood most of the time. But now he's out almost constantly, which is nice 'cause he's such a beautiful fish. He's the only real bottom-dweller in the tank...the others are tiger barbs.

Same deal with my tank, he's out all the time, and he's the only real bottom dweller. Most of the fish in my tanks are rosey barbs.

Cool deal thanks for all the info guys, i think ill go with 1 of the albinos cause my wife just seems to love them and i want her to get into the fish tank alittle more. And along with that ill go with 3 or 4 cherry barbs, they would add some nice color variation to the tank. Are there any other barbs anyone would recomend because of their small size i could have a few different types and get away with it. I was thinking about either Tiger barbs or Rosey. Or might stickw ith some small gourami's instead. So many choices, so little space...
thanks
mitch

Back
Top Bottom