Algae eater for 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello, I am faced with a problem. I have green algae all over the glass, and it is not exactly attractive. It is a 10 gallon tank with 1 platy and 3 fry, so that does probably limit the options, although I'm greeting a bigger tank for Christmas, hopefully a 40g. Thx in advance :)

Fishguy1111

I would go for nerite snails, i have them hard workers and can't reproduce in freshwater. :)

I would go for nerite snails, i have them hard workers and can't reproduce in freshwater. :)
for a ten gallon this will work probably best next to shrimps. Bushy nose Plecos need 30+ gallons. They get about 6 Inches.

for a ten gallon this will work probably best next to shrimps. Bushy nose Plecos need 30+ gallons. They get about 6 Inches.

Thats what I though thx

Also, will nerite snails eat my live plants?

R.I.P. Nelson Mandela

I would stock a few otos if it's on the glass. They spend the majority of there time stuck to it and the bioload would be much lower than a plec. Also better suited to a smaller tank. Funny to watch too.

Is this a new tank set up? How long are you running lights for daily? Is it only green algae on the glass or is it in the tank? A picture would be helpful for identification. For starters only run lights 6 hours daily until the algae is gone the very slowly increase lighting up to 8 hours. I also suggest getting a magnetic algae cleaner for glass tanks. Just use it to keep the front and sides of the tank cleared of algae. I always leave the stuff on the back of the glass since most likely it is green dust algae which will eventually go away on it's own.

Is this a new tank set up? How long are you running lights for daily? Is it only green algae on the glass or is it in the tank? A picture would be helpful for identification. For starters only run lights 6 hours daily until the algae is gone the very slowly increase lighting up to 8 hours. I also suggest getting a magnetic algae cleaner for glass tanks. Just use it to keep the front and sides of the tank cleared of algae. I always leave the stuff on the back of the glass since most likely it is green dust algae which will eventually go away on it's own.

The tank has been setup for 4 months, and it is cycled. I run lights for 8 hours. The algae is only on the glass, and the heater suction cups. I upload a pic later

Back
Top Bottom