algae or seaweed what should i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plumbum1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
please help

Attachments

• SAM_2502.jpg
    SAM_2502.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 102
  • SAM_2503.jpg
    SAM_2503.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 89
Agree,but did you notice in the picture that the candy cane or whatever the coral was in the first picture has new growth.Look middle ways of the dead parts of the coral and you will see the rebirth.

Flake said:
looks like hair algae. Nuisance algae.

That's what I was thinking but it all most looks like blades of grass and is not slimy at all hard to get a good pic

Ricksreef said:
Agree,but did you notice in the picture that the candy cane or whatever the coral was in the first picture has new growth.Look middle ways of the dead parts of the coral and you will see the rebirth.

Yea have no clue what that is but they are popping up all over that piece of dead coral really cool

looks liek hair algae. keep your phosphates low and get a good hermit crab crew to chow down on it.

are you using RO water

Gti_Leo said:
looks liek hair algae. keep your phosphates low and get a good hermit crab crew to chow down on it.

are you using RO water

I'm using di water and I have 10 hermits, three emerald crabs, one cleaner shrimp,one turbo snail and a sand sifting star and they will not even touch it

what kind of hermits?

the snail won't really eat hair algae, niether will the shrimp or the star.

electric blue herlits are great for cleanign up hair algae and for cleaning up left over meaty foods

Gti_Leo said:
what kind of hermits?

the snail won't really eat hair algae, niether will the shrimp or the star.

electric blue herlits are great for cleanign up hair algae and for cleaning up left over meaty foods

I have one blue but the rest are little red guys the emerald crabs do grate but they all stick together on just one rock

Back
Top Bottom