algae wafers for goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uglygoat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i tried to search, sorry for the n00b post... i got this.

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

so gold fish like algae, can i break up some of my wafers that i feed to the pleco, and give it to the goldfish?

also, how should i serve up the peas to the little guys? thaw them, and split them, i don't think they can swallow them whole.

thanks,

tim

yea they will eat them just like the plecos. goldfish tend to eat all kinds of things. you can cut up the peas but i wouldnt really worry about it. they will bite them.

thanks, they really like the wafers, feeding frenzy at the bottom! :lol:

For peas, it is best to remove the skins. Big goldies can bite through them, but small ones may have trouble. I usu. use frozen peas, nuke in the microwave in a bit of water for 10-15 seconds, them squeeze the meat out of the skin, chop that up a bit & feed.

Oh yes, goldies loves algae too. When I clean the glass, I just scrape off the algae & let it float in the water. My crew follows me around & devour all the bits.

this trio dances for food, they are hilarious! peas scheduled for tomorrow, thanks for the replies and clarifications.

i tried to take some pics, but i need to adjust my settings and set up something more stable than my hands... :rolleyes:

tim

Back
Top Bottom