Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anthony96

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is the best way to stop algae from growing in my fish tank

anthony96 said:
What is the best way to stop algae from growing in my fish tank

What size tank? What type of algae?

A few things. Reduce light schedule, make sure your tank isn't getting direct sunlight. But it would be helpful to know what kind of algae or maybe a pic?

Is it diatom algae? Green algae? Brown algae? Hair algae?

I've read in certain cases depending on the type of algae more light would help.

So I guess it comes down to answering some of the questions and I'm sure the more experienced members will be glad to offer up some solutions.

Can you take some pics? What size tank? What's it near? What's your lighting and your lighting schedule?

For example my blue and purple lights come on at 4 and then the daylights come on at 5. Then daylights off at 9 and the blue and purple off at 10. Moonlights the rest. This is my summer schedule to help reduce excess heat. I run a 4 bulb T5 HO fixture.

Convict2161 said:
Can you take some pics? What size tank? What's it near? What's your lighting and your lighting schedule?

For example my blue and purple lights come on at 4 and then the daylights come on at 5. Then daylights off at 9 and the blue and purple off at 10. Moonlights the rest. This is my summer schedule to help reduce excess heat. I run a 4 bulb T5 HO fixture.

Well i just cleaned my tank so there is none left. It is a 70 liter tank. The only thing near is a window on the left. I have a single T8 and it comes on at 4:00pm and turns 8:30pm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom