AlgaeFix - Problems / Successes??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiltrip

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a bunch of blue-green algae growing all over my gravel and lava rock, and some stringy green algae growing in my tank as well.

I was wondering about an Aquarium Pharmaceuticals product called AlgaeFix. I have bought a bottle of it, but have not put any in yet. I want to get opinions, both good and bad, before i decided whether or not to use it.

has anyone had any problems using AlgaeFix? Has anyone had any good results using it?? Thanks!

- Kip

I think most will recommend against its use. People have created worse problems than algae by the use of these kind of products.

Increased water changes will often do the trick, but there are changes that will need to be made to keep the algae from coming back, even if you got rid of it with chemicals. Algae grows when there is an abudance of nutrients for it, so if you remove the nutrients and reduce the light cycle you can often eliminate it. Algae requires extreme patience to eliminate (I know - I have finally gotten rid of mine after a long battle) but it is worth it in the end, and it is not harmful to the fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom