Algea ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

proff1949

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Happy Halloween everybody.
At my last water change 2 weeks ago I noticed a fluffy/slimy coating starting to form in some of my tank. As of today it has turned into a almost purple hair and is starting to spread everywhere. There are also rust colored lines forming on the bottom. Any ideas? Hopefully the photos came through.
The tank is a FO 50 gal with a very light load that is about 3 years old.
Any suggestion before I start treating so that I am on the right path would be appreciated.

Not sure how the nutrients may have gotten so high. There are only several fish and they are hand fed sometimes twice a week. Usually less than that. However nothing surprises me with this set up. Its been a RPIA for about two years now. The skimmer went up sometime back but there didnt seem to be any problems associated with the failure. Recently the the calculator pump failed also and I have been negligent in addressing that. It would account for low flow in the water column. A new one has been ordered and will be installed this weekend. Still not sure how the nutrients can be so high but it is a problem that will be addressed.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I do appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom