all purpose gravel home depot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rokinrandy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi every one nice to meet ya.....i have a question about using sack crete brand all purpose gravel/.... it is small and fine and appears to be like river rock in appearance(pebbles)... it is also 3 bucks for 50 pounds ...
i soaked a handfull in vinegar and did not see any bubbling..so i asume this stuff is safe but i am seeking advice from experienced users on this one ,thanks

Welcome to AA!

Sounds good to me, I would make sure to thoroughly wash it before adding to your tank. IF you are looking ofr cheap substrates though, you could try pool filter sand. That's like $6 -$8 a 50lb bag.

thanks every one... they look really good in the aquarium. lots of pink brown and white natural colors .i just want to tell everyone that uses this brand to wash these rocks extra extra clean because they are covered with lime as found in concrete..
once you have washed them really good they are good...they have these same type of rocks at walmart for 3 dollars but they are called pathway gravel if i am not mistaken..
they are the same price but you do not have to wash them extra hard like sackcrete brand..
i also have large chunks of green flourite and pink and purple amethyst and quartz.. along with a 25 pound rose quartz in the center of the aquarium,,bye now

You'll be fine just wash it really good before u put it in. and of course make sure they're not any sharp edges as mentioned. good luck and welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom