Almond leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got mine this morning, I will add them later, he sent closer to 15 and some are huge!!! So wilt in a good way??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got 4 but as soon as he get some more I'm defo going to get some more, do the leafs start taking affect on the water straight away because my male cac has sooooo much colour in him and he is going round he looks pumped! They have wilted around on them self if it sunk to the bottom now it would be perfect hiding place I have took photos but ain't the best as the sun is shining through the window ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400592471.944118.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400592494.656890.jpg

I'm sure he can sense their presence and apparently he likey! I think they slowly leach out over time, so they just float for a bit, shrivel and sink?

Mehhh, those peat balls look nasty, I'd opt for the spugnam peat in the filter instead, get it at the garden store..

Be careful don't add them all at once they change the ph fast. My water turned into black water in just one day when I added the leaves.
The Apisto is going to love it! mine love swimming through them.

Have put 2 in and one has sunk and landed on some bw looks like a roof the keep swimming in and out but the male is getting pretty frisky

Yah, yesterday afternoon, still weren't quite sunk this morning, the water clarity had changed a bit though.. I'll put a pic up later, it won't let me now..

They take 1-2 days to sink, you can sprinkle some sand on them in the tank so they don't float and it also looks
natural.

I kind of want them to form hideouts and mazes so I'll be happy if they stay half buoyant. Do you have a rule of thumb for a leaf=gal ratio? I put 2 in a 10 gal..

I usually throw them in boiling water for a few seconds before I put them in -- helps make them sink and also helps kill any nasties on them. I usually keep 3-4 in my ten gal.

I kind of want them to form hideouts and mazes so I'll be happy if they stay half buoyant. Do you have a rule of thumb for a leaf=gal ratio? I put 2 in a 10 gal..

I put about 13 in my 36 gallon but I think you can put as many as you want.

Looks good man! I like keeping cave structures on opposite ends of the tank creating more than one territory.

Here we go!!!

Attachments

• 1400796082238.jpg
    1400796082238.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom