Almost All My Fry is GONE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishbreeder

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i bought some fish from pet co a week ago , (platy , guppy , higfin platy) they all give birth at the same time later on that night and they were growing , later i bought a black molly give birth about 40 fry and i put it with the other baby fry in a 10 gallon tank. I notice some baby fry is disappearing until tonight i look in the filter there was one of my platy fry i save it lucky and the rest got kill in the filter? Right now i only have about 40 fry now. I use to have about 80+ but they're gone. I cover the filter with a piece of cloth and put rubber band around it and i didn't cover everything but the bottom to let the water flow in and i didn't think the fry will get suck in.
I'm just sharing my story to 'COVER" your filter so none of your baby will get suck in. Disappointed.:(:banghead::facepalm::confused:

I agree, always cover the filter intake with a sponge or panty hose or something. I have lost some fish and shrimp by this, and they weren't even fry. Even if you lose some fry, you learn your lesson and hopefully won't lose more from it again.

Back
Top Bottom