Almost new 37 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlindseyjr

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need some advice. I was just offered this deal for $300. The setup is less than 6 months old.

37 gallon Oak stand 25x19x32

37 gallon combo includes tank(by Oceanic Systems) and glass top with light upgrade. He said it has one white and one blue bulb.

Ehiem canister filter

Ebo Jager 300 watt heater

Assuming this setup goes for close to $500 new, would you buy it for $300?

Offer $250 *grin* Just to see if it'll fly; its not like its brand new and unused.

Allivymar said:
Offer $250 *grin* Just to see if it'll fly; its not like its brand new and unused.

Must agree. Even though $300 is a damn good price for what's being offered, its always best to try lower first, and then they might hit say $275. Hey, it saves you $25, and can't hurt to try.

The tank and stand alone is probably worth $400+, let alone the Eheim and lighting. Oceanic is expensive.

Thats not a very good deal IMHO, I see 125gal aquariums in the local Classifieds with custom lights, filters, everything for less than what your going to pay for a 37.

Its the price you pay for Oceanics. They're pricey. Like luxury sports cars of aquariums. The 30 gallon Cherry oak cube goes for $400 with just stand and tank, no lights or anything.

Thats new. We're talking about used.

And IMHO, Its not worth it to buy expensive things like Oceanics when your doing tanks 55 or smaller, any larger than 55 I'd be inclined to go more the high brand.

But tanks all the way up to 55gal are so popular right now that just about everyone makes them, and makes them good [ aside from the odd damage in shipping, or user error ]

Thanks for the responses. I wasn't sure what these things are worth used. There was no price in the ad so I was thinking maybe $200. The only thing I had to base it on was the $65 I paid for a half year old 20 gal All Glass with oak cabinet/stand and light/ hood.

If it helps, I just paid $170 for a brand new 20 gallon Top Fin complete set - filter, hood, light, heater) with stand (pressboard/oak veneer cover...a b***ch to put together!). I know Top Fin is not the top of the line or anything, but I'd say a 37 gallon with a nice stand and all the accessories for $300 sounds like a good deal. I'd offer less just to see, but if this brand is the Cadillac of aquariums, and the person selling it knows it, I'd say they may not take less than $250.

As far as bigger aquariums selling for less, that makes sense because most people think bigger aquariums would be harder to take care of. I can already see my 20 is going to be much easier to handle than my 10.

It's a matter of situation, I just bought a 30 gal, hood, light, stand, all acc. air pump, everything for 60 bux. :lol:

The general rule I've seen so far is that on average, Oceanic is as expensive as an All-glass tank that is twice as big.

Back
Top Bottom