almost ready to take the plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefishguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
this is my final plan. I am going to have a 70 gallon tank with with a 29 gallon long sump. My lights are going to be a diy with 2X175 watt metal halide, 2X96 watt pc blue atinics. My tank will have a two maxi 1200s, two hob overflows rated at 600 each, a sugar grain sand bed 1"-2", 100#s of live rock. my sump will four sections, 1 will be the input section with live rock rubble, prob. like 20 pounds. the next section will be a heater slash skimmer section, which is red sea berlin classic skimmer with a rio2500. the next section will be a return section with with a pump rated at 1200gph which will split off into the next section which will be a fuge which I will not start until the tank has been up and running. I have had some questions though, is this to much flow it would be right around 1800 with is exactly 18X. Is the lighting good enough, it would be almost 8 watts per gallon of the show tank, I and I should be able to have anytype of clam, etc. with that or do I need more? Also what K bulbs should I use in the metal halide two 10,000K. sorry for the long post I just want to like quadruple check everything. before hand.TIA

Back
Top Bottom