Alternative to African cichlids......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tsaye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 55gal tank that's being cycled right now. For the past 6 months I've been set on getting African cichlids. The past couple days I've been thinking about doing something different but I can't decide. The reasons I wanted cichlids are: their bright colors, their bigger than the 1-2 inch fish I already have. The reason why I'm against getting them: I like community tanks, I like seeing different kinds of fish with different personality/habits. My tank with be cycled in a couple weeks and I can't decide!! I was thinking of dwarf cichlids, but I need to research and see what kinds can go together and what if any tankmates they can have. I want bright colored bigger fish that are between 3-5 inches. If anyone has any suggestions or info about dwarf cichlids I would love to hear it!

My vote goes to apistos, nannacara anomala or curviceps. If you aren't stuck on cichlids then go centrarchid and pick orangespotted sunfish, banded/blackbanded sunfish, or bluespotted sunfish.

Back
Top Bottom