Am I at my stocking limit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29gal FOWLR that's been up since August, with an ocellaris clownfish, chromis, and banggai cardinal. Can I add any more fish or is this all my tank can support? I'm guessing if I can add more fish it will have to be smaller nano ones.

Also, what do you do with fish you no longer want? If I can't add any more fish I'm considering switching my cardinal with another one. I will check if my LFS does trade-ins or at least takes fish in.

your lfs might take it back, and either give you a little for it or give you nothing.. also what is your filtration and water parameters?

I think you could easily add a smaller goby. If you look to get rid of a fish, I'd check for someone in the local club first. NJ area has a lot of reefers.

If you have to ask, then the answer to the overstockin question is YES :p

Many stores in NJ will take a fish in trade, though you generally won't get much more than a home for it and some store credit.

The banggai cardinal has a pretty small bioload so you may want to consider a mate for it.

Perhaps a Bicolor Dottyback, (also called the Bicolor Pseudochromis or Royal Dottyback) or a Bicolor Blenny to add some color

Thanks guys, I thought that I would be around the limit for stocking. I'm going to be visiting Aquatic Obsessions in Avenel for the first time soon, so I will take a look at what all they have. I'm leaning towards a neon goby as of now.

Back
Top Bottom