Am I ready !!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here's my test from this morning. Is everything good ? The nitrates are about 20ppm. I have heard so many things about water changes. Should I do one before adding anything ? Plan on getting a clean up crew first. Some people say 20ppm is nothing in a FOWLR tank. Others say as close to zero as possible...What do you think ? Also, if you think the tank is good, do I still have to wait a few days or can I add my crew right away....

Attachments

• test 001.jpg
    test 001.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 72
Here's my test from this morning. Is everything good ? The nitrates are about 20ppm. I have heard so many things about water changes. Should I do one before adding anything ? Plan on getting a clean up crew first. Some people say 20ppm is nothing in a FOWLR tank. Others say as close to zero as possible...What do you think ? Also, if you think the tank is good, do I still have to wait a few days or can I add my crew right away....
Do a water change and test again. Get it below 10 ppm at least, just in case. And don't add your cleanup crew first. Add fish. The inverts will starve to death if you add them first.

How long has in been cycling for? Also what size is the tank?

I'd do a water change to bring the nitrates down and maybe add a couple of small fish. Keep testing the water

I agree add fish first and a water change will do more good than harm for sure. The cuc is not a necessity it is just there for excess food that the fish in your tank don't eat and some for algae so don't worry too much about rushing any in and only put stuff in there if you actually want it in the tank rather than just so it can be a cuc as it all adds to the bio load

I agree add fish first and a water change will do more good than harm for sure. The cuc is not a necessity it is just there for excess food that the fish in your tank don't eat and some for algae so don't worry too much about rushing any in and only put stuff in there if you actually want it in the tank rather than just so it can be a cuc as it all adds to the bio load
Exactly. I only have some different crabs, two snails, and ornamental shrimp in my tank. The crabs are for algae and the shrimp because they're pretty. Algae scrubbers work a lot better for cleaning the glass than snails. The snails will be brought back once my algae outbreak is under control.

Back
Top Bottom