Am I stocked or do I have space? AngelFish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
See my fish list in the signature.

I would like 1-2 truly ornamental fish (wider than long as all my fish are longish -- also almost all my current fish are silverish -- something more colorful might be good ) -- wifey request :) need to fulfill if I hope to continue the aquarium budget :D :D

So do I have space in my tank (55 Gallon -- heavily planted) and which fish qualifies ?? Angelfish (are they compatabile with others?) or any other fish -- chief requirements -- colourful, fairly big (basically something our 7 month old can watch from a distance) and compatible.

Any recommendations?

TIA
Swanand

I'd say a nice pair of angels would do well in your tank. I have a black angel as a centerpiece fish in my 29g tank and he does well. Not too mention he'd kick any of the other fish aroundt he tank if they tried to mess with him. he's a BA!

IMO you would be fine with a pair of angelfish. Koi angelfish if you can find them would be stunning. Check Rich's pics with his planted tank and his koi angels. Or marble angelfish. Jchillin has some good shots with angels in a planted tank. :)

I think a pair of angels would fit well in your tank. Mine are gold marbles Anne and goldie is of course a gold.

Rich I thought your orange one was a koi? Goes to show you what I know. Either way, check out Rich's pictures of his planted tank, it will give you a great idea of how gorgeous angels look in a planted tank!

I can't think of anything besides Angelfish that fit your requirements....most fish I can think of are long. I think a group of Bosemani rainbows would be stunning, but you already have the Australians. ;) Angelfish can be seen from afar and use areas of the tank that other cichlids don't (middle and top), so I think thats your best bet. :)

Back
Top Bottom